Tuesday, June 10, 2008

New sewing area



I have been arranging a room in our old house for some stitching as I have been feeling rather hemmed in and too messy in our study. Basically not enough room for all my bits and pieces! We designed the study for the office on one side and sewing on the other side. A wonderful set up; just not for quilting. It was designed this way for sewing not quilting. The bench is too narrow and low for cutting; and it builds mountains with projects that I am working on which leads to procrastination because I don't want to sort through the mess!

Our old house has a limited life span (it will be ocming down in the next few months so we can continue building our new house) but I have decided to make better use of it while we have it. I have nabbed two old desks; one for sewing and one for cutting. DH put some bricks under the cutting one so it is a MUCH better height for cutting at. I am stoked. These are a GREAT size. I had to put the old computer in here so dh could practice his typing while I sew/cut - the programme doesn't run on our newer computer. Having the computer here will also keep the children busy too....

This room, was part of a bedroom. The space is approx 3m x 3m. That is my old machine set up here; new one is in the study, but I don't think I will be using it much now. dd.5yrs has been helping me to arrange fabrics for quilts and wanted to use the machine yesterday. Well she had her first go last night and now I can't get her off it! She is sewing some srcaps together to make a dolls quilt, doing really well. Too grown up! I am just as excited as she is, with her new found skills and passion!
Bec xxx

1 comment:

Chookyblue...... said...

love your new area and it is great when the kids want to sew.......