Thursday, November 18, 2010

Lots of Finishes!

Yes it is finished, I know it isn't bound in this photo but this is the most finished pic you will get of this quilt. This is Northern Solitude fabrics used to make up the Jellystone Park pattern, and this quilt is for my motherinlaw. I bought the kit from Sarah at PatchworksPlus a while back. This is the second time I have made this quilt and it is the second time EVER that I have had puckers on the back, in spite of being so careful with my basting. The top didn't quite sit flat this time or last time with this pattern. I love the pattern but don't think I will be making it up again, it seems that we just don't quite work together. has anyone else had trouble like this with a particular pattern?????
Oh and the backing. I used a Barbara Brackman olive green Morris Workshop tonal fabric that blends in beautifully with the greens in this quilt.

A charm square pincushion.
I first saw this stitchery pattern on a cushion in the Secret Santa givings at the Club Quilt Narromine last year or the year before; and by chance happened across the pattern in a Country Threads Stitchery mag in a second hand shop. I traced off the small design onto a charm square, then stitched the charms together to make a pincushion. The charms I used were from Pure by Sweetwater and I used a dark chocolate brown DMC thread for the stitching; love the effect!
Two more green sheep with Green Sheep books! I bought these books from Book Depository.
When I bought my half metre of green chenille Kerry thought I would get three sheep from it, but I still have enough left to make a fourth! The pattern is Kerry's but I added in the ears.

I have finished my Secret Santa present for the online Friends in Stitching group. I will reveal whats inside after Christmas.

Looks like Woody has put claim a the mini log cabin quilt that I have FINALLY bound!

It was done with a single fold binding and I found this to be rather fiddly, much prefer doble fold binding. Excuse the wonkyness, I pulled the binding over too tight in some places....
Last, not a finish but a works in progress.
Nellie's Needlecase by Anni Downs. I am part way through whipstitching the wool applique on. Love working with the wool, it's so lovely to push the needle through.


14 comments:

Kate said...

I have the Jellystone pattern, but I must admit, I havent tried it yet. I HATE getting puckers in the back, especially when you dont discover them till youre all finished...

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Kiddo you have been so busy...all your projcts look fantastic...

Anonymous said...

Look at how much you've achieved!! Well done - super effort!!! Darn that Woody.... stealing the quilt for himself! ;)

dutchcomfort said...

You’ve been working like a whirl wind! Love the little log cabin quilt!

Chookyblue...... said...

lots happening at your place.........looks good........

Chookyblue...... said...

lots happening at your place.........looks good........

Grethe said...

OH,many lovely projects,especiall love you logcabin little quilt!:-)

Amanda said...

Wow, Bec, you have been busy. I especially love the green sheep, they're so quirky; though I haven't come across the books.

Janice said...

You put me to shame. You've been so very productive. There are going to be some lucky people at Christmas time. I wonder if all the bias edges are contributing to your quilt not sitting flat?

Sarah said...

oh oh oh love the green sheep! and of course everything else - but you know that already!

Tatkis said...

Lovely finishes, congratulations!!
And the quilt is fantastic!

Best wishes,
Tatyana

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Bec, what a lot of beautiful finishes! I really like that pincushion, and the sheep are adorable. :-)
Hugs
Jenny
xx

Aunty said...

The jellystone quilt looks great and I adore the small log cabin quilt. I bet the kids will all want a sheep each.

Myra said...

Oh Bec... Wonderful finishes!!!
Your MIL will absolutely love that quilt!!! Very nice!
Love that pincushion! Too cute! 8-)
Darling sheep, great idea to go with the book!
Your mini log cabin is wonderful, and the needlecase/fabrics is great!!
You have been a busy bee! 8-)
Have a great weekend!