Saturday, February 26, 2011

Sampler Quilt

 Finished at last!
My longest running UFO, a sampler quilt done in a class at The Home Patch, Bathurst.
I started the class late 2002 and then moved 6 hrs away to our farm before the class was finished. I had the quilt top finished early 2003 then had trouble quilting due to isolation and being new to it. I have made and quilted many quilts since then; and now this one is done! YEAH!!!!
DS was 2 when I started this for him, and now he is nearly 11. He is very pleased to have it on his bed, and it looks great there. I love the periwinkle blue and check in this quilt but there's no way I would choose all these fabrics to make one quilt these days, tastes change! It measures 63" x 96".






 I love how varied and interesting my ditching quilting is on the back.
 I did freemotion the hexagon block and part of the honeybee block.

 Feels so nice to touch.....

 and this is a little bassinet quilt for another baby that is due soon.
This is the reversible quilted fabric from the Whimsy range by Fig Tree Quilts; if I knew how nice this was when I ordered it I would have ordered more.....

11 comments:

Kylie said...

Wow Bec your quilting is just fantastic - well done. xxxx

Sarah said...

That long UFO looks GREAT. How nice it feels to get it finished!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Bec and must be so nice to have it finished. How funny that your taste in fabrics has changed... More to choose from these days too.... On to the next one?

Lynn said...

Good for you a ufo completed!! I love the baby quilt. Is it just one piece of fabric? The quilting on both of them is terrific.

Lynda said...

Hooray Bec! The sampler is wonderful. Love the fabrics in the baby quilt.

Anonymous said...

Great job on the finished quilt bec!!! WEll done!!

Nicky said...

Lovely quilt Bec - and so inspiring to see others can finish longstanding UFO's - there might be hope for me yet. lol
That prequilted fabric looks awesome - do you just have to add the binding?

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Good on you Bec, the sampler is gorgeous...the baby quilt is also lovely...

Janice said...

It must be a great feeling having such great progress. Your projects look great.

Sweet Cinnamon Stitches said...

Just thoroughly enjoyed looking at your beautiful quilts over the last couple of posts...what an amazing job you do!!
Cheers....Jane.

DAWNIE said...

another fabulous quilt Bec looks fantastic.