Friday, December 24, 2010

Ho Ho Ho....Merry Christmas

Wishing everyone a lovely christmas and fantastic new year!
I apologise for blogging little this last month and aim to blog more in the new year.
We have had three weddings, a farming seminar and numerous other things on to attend to in the past couple of months. I think we have lived in the car part time! I am glad to be home for a while now.
I received this parcel in the mail today, a secret santa parcel from the online stitching group I am in - Friends in Stitching. Looking forward to opening this tomorrow (and the SSCS one).

This quilt I finished just this morning, in time for Christmas.
This is 'Taffy Treats' by Anne Sutton of Bunny Hill; I bought this as a kit from Honeysuckle Cottage about two years ago. This has been a flimsy for almost that long! This photo is to show the backing for someone who asked me recently on the phone about what backing I used...here it is. Not my first choice for backing for this quilt but by the time I made the quilt this range was quite hard to get (Poetry Collection by April Cornell); and I am happy with what I have used.

The scallops make the quilt so pretty. It was hard to let this quilt go, but it is going to be dearly loved where it has gone. I delivered it at lunchtime today to a neighbour who lives on another farm closer to town. She has been really good to me since we bought the farm and I wanted to show my appreciation for all that she has done.

This quilt is 'Rebekah Amy' by Rosalie Quinlan and I have used mostly Simplicity fabrics by 3 Sisters with a little Poetry Collection by April Cornell and a couple of other fabrics.
This quilt I finished last Monday (sewing the binding down). This quilt was commissioned before Christmas last year for Christmas 2010. I checked earlier in the year and again LAST WEEK, and yes, she did still want the quilt. Delivery day has come and gone, with the purchaser not taking my calls so I am very frustrated with being given the run around. I would prefer for someone to say that they have changed their mind.
This quilt is FOR SALE now.
I have a price range in mind so make an offer if you are interested.
Anyone interested please leave a comment
or email me at ohsewbusy at ipstarmail dot com dot au.
NEXT TIME I will be asking for a deposit to cover materials, this is a lesson learned.
~
I will be back in a flash with pictures of my SSCS and FIS Secret Santa parcels tomorrow!
Enjoy your Christmas Eve!



11 comments:

Kate said...

Sorry youve had trouble with selling your quilt. Aren't people such pains sometimes! Good luck finding a new, more deserving buyer. Merry christmas!

Grethe said...

Lovely quilt for sale!
Think I am almost into a pink Chirstmas for next year!?
Merry Christmas to you from me:-)

Nicky said...

That was a hassle you could do without the week before Christmas.

I do hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your family!

Merry Christmas!

Kylie said...

Wow Bec I can't believe that she did that to you but I am sure someone who will appreciate it and the time you have taken to make it will buy it from you. Merry Christmas and I can't wait to see what is in your parcels. Kylie xxx

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Both are gorgeous quilts, Bec. Merry Christmas to you and yours, and God's blessings on your 2011 adventures!
Hugs
Jenny
xxx

Chookyblue...... said...

yippee you have a little bundle of presents........

nice quilts...........hope the lady comes good..........

Julia said...

Oh, what a let down Bec..it's a beautiful quilt...yes deposit next time!
Have a wonderful Christmas..
Julia ♥

Thimbelina said...

Your Taffy Treats quilt is gorgeous...I especially love the scalloped edge (must be brave and try that). Shame about the other one but I'm sure it will find a home, it really is lovely too!

jodie said...

you sure have had a busy time. the quilt is gorgeous. people are rude aren't they.

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Bec! Oh PHOOEY! To people who order handmade goodies then don't want to pay the cost of someone spending hours and hours to make them! I got caught a few years ago when I was commissioned to make a mohair bear for someone. Bought the expensive mohair (and it was a BIG bear, too!!) spent over a week hand stitching it etc, only to have her pick out a whole lot of tiny, nit-picky 'faults' with it and refuse to pay the agreed on price. I wouldn't drop the price and she hung up the phone on me! GRRR! Later sold it to one of GB's workmates for his wife and she LOVED it ... even commissioned another bear! :0) Have been caught again since, though and now refuse to take commissions unless it's for gifts for families, where they HAVE to like it! Tee! Hee! Hee! Hope someone gives your quilt a good home. And LOVE your scalloped edge on the gift quilt ... must try that sometime!! Happy New Year!! Bear Hugs! KRIS

Angels Come to Play said...

Hi Bec, what can I say re the non-purchase of your beautiful quilt. Sure does leave a bad taste in your mouth. Sorry I havent been in touch for ages but things will be changing in 2011. Would love to catch up for an email update if your up for it. Are you going to Nundle this year?
Cheers Shelley