Wednesday, June 9, 2010

24inch Baby Quilt

I finished this quilt yesterday for a competition that was advertised in Down Under Quilts magazine. The quilts from the competition will be distributed throughout Australia for Neonatal Intensive Care Units to offer small quilts to families whose babies dies before or at birth.
I was sent the FQ of Nicey Jane fabric to use to make the 24 inch quilt, and I put white with it because I wanted something simple but effective.



Now here is an interesting read!
The Duggar family has 18 children, one daughter-in-law and one grand-daughter. I stumbled across this book one day at Amazon. It is a fascinating read on how they family manages everything; from day to day life (including homeschoooling) to overnight trips together. They don't have live in maids and they live in a HUGE house that is just gorgeous; AND they are debt free, not rich but comfortable.
They certainly make my five children sound like a small number!

6 comments:

Lynda said...

Love your little quilt - the colours are so fresh

Unknown said...

I love the Duggars, theres a program on the Discovery channel about them occasionally, the great thing is they do loads of charity as well!!

Vicki ♥ said...

Your quilt is lovely Bec and the Duggars sound like a lovely family :)

Myra said...

Great little quilt Bec! 8-)

The Duggers... that would be an interesting read!

Cathy said...

Beautiful little quilt Bec!! Cathyx

Anonymous said...

Very pretty and very effective quilt Bec. Love the idea of that book and I know you'll take it all on board.