Monday, April 28, 2008

Quilt Labels


I am feeling very pleased with the label I made on the weekend for 'Kitty Cucumber' quilt. It was my first time using the alphabet stitching feature on the machine, and I didn't read the instructions for it..., and despite not being perfect I am still pretty stoked about the result. Definately much quicker than my handstitching!

I was inspired to make my own after watching Leanne Beasley on a dvd ages ago (old edition of Australian Homesun I think was the the magazine). The accompanying magazine had numerous designs by her for labels.
How do you label your quilts? Could you post a picture/pictures on your blog and leave me a comment so I can see some other labels??? thanks so much!
Bec

4 comments:

Ginger Patches said...

Your label is sooo cute! It turned out great. I'm afraid labels are not my strong point...I have labels all planned and written out in a little sketch book but not very many have made it onto my quilts yet...only the quilts that have been given away have labels and I don't think I ever thought to take a picture of the label....sorry no help from me :(

Carin said...

Great labels! I need to brave the alphabet on my machine.

Sarah said...

Hey Bec!
Love you label!! Well done!! I only use little panel thingys for labels myself. I have the patterns for those Leanne Beasley ones you talked about - maybe one day i will do them.
Sarah xx
PS: I am making for you in the ornie swap xx

Beertje Zonn said...

Your label is lovely.
My label that I make is of Beertje Zonn Quilt can you see on my blog.
Also my siggy.
Kind regards

Sonnja, from the Netherlands
Beertje Zonn