Monday, April 28, 2008

Next one ready to quilt


I have my next all pinned ready to quilt. It is called Ten Cents and I bouhgt it as a kit in the Strawberry Lemonade fabrics, they are so yummy. and bright. and just so nice! I am planning to use this as a picnic rug for us.
I just haven't started this one yet as I want to finish piecing the main section for 'Sweet Janice' quilt which I am doing in 'Bliss' fabrics. Once I have the blocks finished on goes the walking foot.
Tell me, when you are quilting do you use a quilting table on your sewing machine? anything next to you to help hold the quilt? a quilting frame? Do you work on an open table or with a wall on one side of your table? I am all intrigued about how this is done by everyone.
oh, and THANKYOU Fiona at DragonflyCrafts for the blog about 'Dorky Homemade Quilts' http://lisaboyer.blogspot.com/ . I love her blog and can't wait to read her books. Keep us posted Fiona as to your review on the books please!

2 comments:

Lynne in Hawaii said...

I just have my machine on a table...I do not my machine bed level with the table top. This is very cumbersome but hope some time in the future to get the adjust one that fits my machine. I have in the past had a sewing machine cabinet and having the sewing bed level is so nice. Makes it easier to move the fabric sandwich.

Fiona @ Dragonfly-Crafts said...

Thanks Bec for the compliment.
So pleased you emailed me.
So your new to blogging?
I'll definately add you to my fav list.
Chat again soon
Hugs Fiona