Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Donkey Kong, Lynda's Pretties and Kids Floor Quilts

 In the past eight weeks I have quilted a wide range of quilts on my not so new Gammill. The quilts have ranged from bassinet size to over 100" square; and there has been so much variety in them. Mr Busy and the children love to visit the quilting room to check out the quilts; and to give their opinions on quilting patterns. Miss Z in particular has asked me to quilt POLAR BEARS on at least a dozen quilts, and just because she saw that quilting pattern on the machine and liked it! 


This amazing quilt is Donkey Kong of course and was made for a 13 yr old. I quilted it with squares back to back which enhanced the pixel design of the quilt. Such a cool and unusual quilt. It's now trimmed back and bound in the red; and in use.




These two partical pictures were done for my friend Lynda from LyndainWonderland who posted them to me to quilt. They were just beautiful quilts, so so pretty. The one above was made from the scraps of the one below. LOL I have just noticed that the pic below was taken during quilting and only part of the cross hatching is done! Such beautiful applique.




These two panel quilts had plain borders added before quilting; such a quick and effective way to make lap/floor/small quilts for children. The rescue vehicle quilt was quilted with loops and stars. The girl panel was quilted with retro flowers. Since doing these, and seeing how much my children (both big and little) liked them I have done some more. Hello Kitty, Dr Seuss and Spot the Dog.


4 comments:

Susan said...

Lovely work Bec, you've been busy.

Cathy said...

Great work Bec! Love the effect of the Donkey Kong quilt pattern!!

Lynda said...

All those quilts look wonderful Bec, especially mine.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful quilts Bec. The quilting is lovely. Donkey kong is my fav