Thursday, May 12, 2011

Found It!

 I knew it was here SOMEWHERE!
I finally found where I misplaced the purse I made at GDITC Nundle 2011, it was tucked SAFELY in the side pocket of the bag I had there....duh!


I chose to do something simple for the purse applique and had this finished on the day. This is a  birthday present for DD JessieGirl later in the year. Loved making it and I love working with wool, it is so forgiving!


Seems like this week has been applique preparation week here at my house. I have got 5 blocks ready to machine applique for 'An Angels Story'. {Yesterday I thought I had 6, can't count} I did start this quilt a few years ago, using Simplicity by 3Sisters but frustrated myself ith how I approached the quilt making and ditched the project, NEVER to return. However seeing Sandy's quilt and another 'An Angels Story' at GDITC 2011 I was re-inspired to make this quilt. This time I have 'Fresh Cottons' by FigTreeQuilts. This time my plan is to prepare all the blocks, machine applique, hand stitch then piece the quilt top. Fingers crossed that this doesn't get ditched again! is anyone else out there making 'An Angels Story'????
 Kylie is about to start this quilt using 'Martinique'......

10 comments:

Cardygirl said...

Love the purses & your blocks look great!

Anonymous said...

I started Bec about 3-4 yrs ago i proberly have 1/2 the blocks finished i too must get back to it.lol

Lynda said...

Angel Story is going to look so pretty in those fabrics. The purse is lovely.

BubzRugz said...

Your purse is lovely.... I have the Angel Story pattern... and the desire to make it.... mmm Your blocks look great...
Hugz

Kerry SewPizazzed.com said...

One if my upcoming projects has purse closures like these. I am still unsure how to attach them. Any suggestions?

Kerry

De said...

Hey Bec! Love the purse! I have Angel Story (and fabric) waiting for the motivation to start it - let me know about the machine applique because I was thinking hand applique for mine!

Amanda said...

What a cute little purse. I made An Angels Story last year, though I hand appliqued and hand quilted it. I love it and it hangs in our lounge, though if I were to do it again I would do as you are doing and use fabric from a single range. It will be fun to see how you manage with the machine appliqueing.

Wendy said...

What a gorgeous little purse, I am glad you found it! The quilt looks interesting, looking forward to seeing your progress

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Bec! I love Angels Story and have had the book for ages ... it's on the 'to do' list, but I really need to cross a couple of others off before I let myself start it ... gotta finish Gardeners Journal or Chookyblue will be after me and I still want to finish "Butterfly Garden". Oh dear ... so many pretty fabrics and projects, so little time and play money!! Have fun with yours!! Bear Hugs! KRIS

Anonymous said...

WOW! this is another BIG job ahead of you.... Can't wait to see.