Thursday, December 24, 2009

Final Christmas Sewing Pt 3

I have seen Margaret's books advertised in Australian Quilters Companion and bought both that are written (more books to come). I have read the first one and loved it. Reading about the sewing supplies and methods available in convict times made me feel very spoiled and grateful to have my cutting mat and rotary cutter.

I found this book at the op shop the other day and remember reading it in primary school. The quilt has a clue on it for where gold was hidden in the house, wish we had a quilt like that when we bought our last house!


These 'housewife' needlecases and two bags are for my christmas stash that is almost dispersed now! Two of the needlecases were recieved the other day and the recipients were so thrilled that I made something for them!
makes you feel all warm and fuzzy....

I made this for an ex-neighbours four year old who loves pink.
I used Spring Fever jelly strips and Melly and Me's pattern for the kitty and owl bags, minus the face.

I made this quilt top last week from Animal Party by Amy Schimler (love her fabrics). I have some applique in the orange to do now. My two year old loves looking at this quilt and telling me what the animals are.
If you joined me in not buying any new fabric, the ban ended 1-2 weeks ago but I haven't blogged or emailed; so forgive me as I have been busy with other things and not online.

3 comments:

Anita said...

You have been very busy Bec!! I love all things you have been making. Hope you had a great christmas!!

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Hi, I found that book twice in op shops, my girl has one and I sent one to Doodlebug Gail's girl in Canada, it's a great find!
Your sewing looks great, Tracey

Kylie said...

Your chrissy stitching looks great. The dress is very cute and I love the fabric. Hope you had a lovely day. Cheers Kylie