Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Sewing

I seem to have fallen into old habits this past week. Spending time working on projects that are a long way off being finished and essentially getting nothing finished. Back on track today though and looking at my list once again.

My unfinised sewing for Easter weekend :-

The beautiful flannels from Cottage on the Hill, a few posts back were cut and pieced into four patches. They now need threads trimming and pressing.
Taffy Treats is a Bunny Hill pattern/kit that I got from Honeysuckle over twelve months ago. Until the weekend I had about five blocks made up, out of 25. Now the top is together. I am very pleased with this one as it has been calling me now for quite a few months to be finished.

Don't worry about the top and bottom borders being too short - the borders are cut to a scallop once it is quilted; and it was quite windy the day I took the photo. Beautiful colours from April Cornell's Poetry Collection, an old range but still beautiful.
I spent time working with a jellroll from Lila Tueller's 'Woodland Bloom' range. This is a secret project for the time being. I couldn't help myself but to show a little of it - such stunning colours....
Maree, I am very sorry but my stitchery for the sewing caddy is still not started. I have a deadline on it now, the end of April to have the stitchery done - I am hoping to have the caddy done by then too but will leave my own challenge to just the stitchery for the time being.

Update on my ironing pile. It hasn't moved much. Things have just kept popping up this past week to reduce my time from half an hour to ten minutes. Well there is always this week!
Being back on track today, I have basted two baby quilts made in American Jane's 'Weeplay' fabric range. They are all ready for me to start quilting tonight or tomorrow. Here are the left overs from the quilts - four rail blocks. Not sure what I will do with them; I had intended to make a nappy bag but have lost the deisre to somewhere in the last few weeks.....
Speaking of babies, it seems that so many people I know are having babies in April and May this year - do you know of any????

18 comments:

Amanda said...

What a lot of pretty fabrics Bec. I'm loving the fabrics I bought for my Angels Story quilt, which look very similar to the April Cornell range - in fact I think some of them are from that range. I'm looking forward to seeing your scalloped border, that's something I haven't tried yet.

Kate said...

Looks like you got a lot done over easter; I did nothing! Yup, everyone is having babies...two friends of mine have already delivered, and there is still one coming. Still got time to put a quilt together for her :-)

bettsylyn (Lynda) said...

Have you been raiding my stash? I have quite a bit of Poetry and Wee play. I haven't actually done anything with them yet. I supppose it means that if you run out you know where to find some :)
On the other hand you have been busier than I have. it all looks wonderful. Lynda.

Anonymous said...

OMG! You did get your butt in to gear over the weekend. Love all the fabrics and love what you have made and are making.....
Wish I could sew instead of working but then I do need MONEY.... Bummer

Abby and Stephanie said...

Your blog name is very fitting....OH SEW BUSY is right! Lots of pretty projects happening.

Unknown said...

I totally agree with Stephanie, such pretty eye candy. I love those bright fun fabrics, too sweet, and your quilt top is so soft and pretty. Maybe you need to send your ironing out, then you could have more stitching/family time.

Unknown said...

Lots of Lovely projects you have Bec...such Pretty Fabrics in them all...I do like the Wee Play Fabrics up close...
cheers

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Love all the fabrics Bec especially the sneak peek of the Lila Tueller fabrics, very intriguing. Keep up the good work :^)

Annika said...

All of it very lovely!

Lynda said...

You've been very busy lately. "Poetry" is one of my favourites.

Unknown said...

The fabrics you are using for the secret project are beautiful.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Gee Bec, lots and lots of lovely projects there....Babies, my nephew and his wife are due to have their second child any day...

Unknown said...

All that gorgeous fabric !!!!

Eileen said...

I like April Cornell. :-)
And all your projects looks terrific! But I know how it is to set something aside and not get back to it. I admire you for trying to stick to the list!

PVK Devotionals said...

Love your project and your fabric colours. I would like to learn how to do a scalloped border.Maybe oneday.

Cathy said...

Lovely sharing Bec!! Such pretty fabrics!! I have been playing with Wee Play this week too...and making things for my 3 friends expecting babies...must hve been something in the water about 7-8 months ago???lol
Cathyx

Sarah said...

Geeze Bec, you have been busy - lots of different projects going on!! love that House stitchery stitchery! I love Poetry Collection! I have a whole bundle sitting here AND some of the pintucking lol..... not sure what I am going to make from it yet!!
x Sarah

Donna said...

Enjoyed peeking at your blog. My first grandchild was due to be born 6/15/09 ... but decided to make an appearance before Mother's Day and came on May 7th. We're thrilled but I don't get to meet him for six weeks because he's 3000 miles away!