Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Sheep Quilt



I have put this quilt top together in the last few days; hehehe when I asked dd6.5yrs to stop using the sewing machine for a bit! This is a sheep quit that I am making for ds-almost3yrs. I can't do the sheep appliques yet as I have run out of vliesofix. Lovely bright cheery fabrics!


My cutting and piecing isn't the best now that I have looked more carefully at it - does this worry any of you? Do you take lots of care to get it perfect or do you jest 'get it together'? I try to take care but it doesn't always look it.

My mum told me yesterday that there will be a patchwork class run about 40min drive from me soon. I am interested in joining the class. Need to polish up some skills. I attended patchwork classes 6 years ago, and then only managed to attend 6/8 due to use moving. I have had a few years offsewing in that time so could do with some guidence.

I also needing some guidence with needleturn. Boy am I making a mess of that.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

I love this quilt...I have it on my list of things to do...I saw it in the magazine and fell in love with it. For needle turn, be patient and practice. I just learned recently and with anything, give yourself time. www.therunningquilter.blogspot.com

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Bec...the colours are just so nice, and your piecing looks great, can't wait to see this one completed...

Fiona @ Dragonfly-Crafts said...

Love this quilt Bec, hope you can get the sheep finished soon. Will you get the machine back?
I love to see things made from magazines. I have a stack that I should go back through.

Sarah said...

Gawd, you are SO busy!! How on earth do you find the time to do such beautiful work with 5 kids and a farm!!
x Sarah