Tuesday, April 22, 2008

This is why I started blogging...


I found I was spending far too much time looking at other people's projects and doing nothing myself. With our computer adjacent to the sewing machine it's all too easy to have a quick look. Only thing is that quick look unknowingly turns into an hour or two, all your stitching time gone.
So I decided to start a blog. I wanted to share what I make and keep myself accountable to actually FINISH my projects instead of constantly planning new projects.
Why do you blog? (if you do that is!)
The picture here is my Kitty Cucumber quilt, all basted up this morning. I ran out of pins. Boy I wish I had a quilting frame; they sound amazing. I am going to stitch in the ditch around the blocks on this one. It's also a small quilt ( 34.5" x 48.5" ) so should be a good one to work on before I get to quilting some of my bigger quilts.
The quilt in my header is all rolled up with wadding and backing, waiting to be basted and quilted. Something I need more space (and pins!) and confidence to do. Prior to now I have handquilted; this takes too long and I tend to shelve my quilts partially handquilted (yep, have a look in my cupboard!).

No comments: