Friday, April 3, 2009

Stitching Frenzy

I felt so inspired last night looking at Chooky's stitchless sewing caddy from the GDO and FarmyardCafts needlecase and getting there stitched sewing caddy, that at twenty past ten last night I started the stitchery for my needlecase. I finished the stitchery about ten minutes ago; in between school and chores today. WOW. Feeling great! I have a second one ready to, on sandcastle fabric this time. Actually speaking of sandcastle fabric I found this great post by Willow Valley Store about sandcastle fabric this morning. The striped fabric is Lecien, which is the fabric I got on the GDO for Rosie's projects. It is rather nice I think.

I have been working on my Christmas in July swap, so these are only sneak peaks. Very happy with how my machine applique is progressing, and I LOVE the gold rasant thread I am using. My reel is almost out sadly.

After mentioning my rather large ironing pile a post or two ago, a homeschool friend of mine blogged her pile, Little Men in My Library. I promised her this morning I WOULD photograph mine today and blog it. I would LOVE to swap piles! Off the top of my head I can easily count 15 sets of hubbys work clothes, plus other clothes for all seven of us.

Yes, it is tall AND rather deep...

These are some FQs from the Coastal Garden range that I missed posting yesterday.


In the mail this week the last pincushion of the month arrived, Janelle Wind's one. The pintopper is a very cute bluebird. If you look on Janelle's blog you will see it made up in Ginger Blossom fabrics. Both look fabulous! Oh, and she has the most gorgeous new bag made up after her friend Holly's wedding.

12 comments:

Eileen said...

Oh.. that gold thread on the applique is lovely. Beautiful job. You need to get some more.
And the polka dots and stripes.. love that!

You are brave to show your pile.

traceyrox74 said...

Okay, you win. :o))

Anonymous said...

Good job on the GDO stitchery!!! I think I'm at 15 hours for the bag one... and I have about an hour to go I'd say! (or less!) Ooohh.... stripes... that's heaps different to our material!! Looks good too!!

Unknown said...

Yes I love the gold thread too .

Abby and Stephanie said...

You started your Christmas Swap already??? Wow...and I love the sneak peek.

Kate said...

Your applique looks gorgeous; love the thread!

Very impressive washing pile youve got there!

Anonymous said...

Aren't we all good getting our GDO projects finished. Lucky it was small. I MUST try and finish mine over the weekend..... Then I can skite/brag/post.
Love the applique. I think that might be my next thing to do. Love it.
LOL about your ironing pile. We spoke about it the other day but it is beyond what I imagined. I just want to come and fold it all for you.
Can it fit under the rug? LOL!!!!! You poor thing.

Unknown said...

My gosh you're fast with that Christmas swap item and we haven't even given you your partners details.

bettsylyn (Lynda) said...

I have just finished my stitching for the needlecase too and it is going to be a gift. I will make another one for myself though. Like you I got the stripe fabric which I like. How are you going with your applique?
Aren't the pincushions lovely? I got mine too and would love to start but really should finish the ones by Leeanne first , seeing as I have started them.
And as for ironing - I think I could give you guys some competition but I am NOT going to post a photo. I think I will have to have a marathon ironing day in the next week or so or else there will be no clothes to wear.

Karen said...

Your little stitchery is very cute and I love your Christmas in July sneek peek. Can't wait to see the finished project;) Have lots of fun with your ironing...

Chookyblue...... said...

glad I got you moving on the GDITC projects........and the pace your going with the xmas swap you can make mine too..........lol.......
and as for the ironing pile mine equals yours.......lol......bad really bad.......but hey we have to sew and run farms and organise kids........ironing only when I am desperate.........

Unknown said...

I will not swap with you on piles to iron *LOL*