Monday, August 2, 2010

Little Macca's and Gardener's Journal

I put together block H and block A on the weekend. I have only shown block H here as block A still has a stitchery that isn't quite finished..... After only finishing one block to date and being quite a few behind it felt really good to have more pieced together.

The seed packet stitchery was quick and fun to stitch.

something went wrong with my square in a square block for the wreath and it was smaller than it should have been, also the points got cut off with the seam allowance. I guess these blocks aren't something that I do easily! So I put an wider border around the block so it would fit.

This morning I finished off the last two blocks for Little Macca's Farm. Next to do with this quilt before putting the blocks together is to stitch all the animal sounds on each block (neigh, meow etc). These have been fun, easy blocks to do and after seeing lanalarn's Noah and Friends I am keen to do one too; though this won't be for a while....

The maroon on the horse is flannel, very nice!

14 comments:

Thimbelina said...

Your gardeners journal blocks look great Bec... Bet you can't wait to finish it now!

Amanda said...

Your Gardener's Journal is coming along well. I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds mysterious things going awry and has to jiggle them to make them fit.

Lynn said...

Love your blocks for the Gardeners journal, especially the seed packet one - so cute. That is the story of my quilting, not matching up even though I know (well I think maybe) I followed the directions. The animal blocks are darling.

Raewyn said...

Your blocks are lovely, what fun projects you are working on!! Have a nice day :-)

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Hi Bec, love the look of your Gardener's Journal, good job! Not much sewing going on in my corner of the world, as we're well into our house addition/reno construction right now. Can you say it's dusty at my house?

Chookyblue...... said...

great progress Bec.........don't forget to pop it on the SAL blog and I'll mark you off........it is a great feeling to get each block finished......love the fabrics you have chosen......

.....doing well with little Maccas too.........

Janice said...

Looking good. If you didn't tell anyone about your square in a square they wouldn't notice, but too late now:>) It is your personal touch. Macca's Farm is coming along nicely too.

Cheryl (aka Kayly) said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your Macca quilt finished.
'Snap' on the pink blog look. I was fiddling with the templates only yesterday trying for a new look. I picked the pink stripe too.I'm still trying to work out how to put a photo in it though.
Hope you and yours are all well and warm.
Kayly

Leeanne said...

These blocks look so lovely.You stitcheries look very sweet.Cute little seed packets.

Lynda said...

Your blocks are lovely Bec. Love your GJ fabrics and what a good idea to use flannel for the horse.

Anonymous said...

looking good Bec! you have been very busy .Judy

Leeanne said...

I just noticed you left some lovely comments on my blog...thankyou!I watched that DVD with Sue Daley too and it was funny because every time the camera swung to show the Under the Southern Stars quilt in the background...I thought oh my quilt is on T.V...but then I remembered it wasn't 'my' quilt just the same pattern!!

Nicky said...

Love your Gardeners Journal block - that is the one I'm working on now. I love your blog, your quilting is beautiful. Those Macca's animals are so cute!

DAWNIE said...

You are way in front now - the gardeners journal is looking great. Also just love these two animal and how nice in flannel - awesome