Sunday, June 7, 2009

This and That Bag with Stripes

A finish for June after a quiet time in May! A while back a non-stitching friend, after browsing my patterns, decided she liked Anni Downs 'This and That Bag'. So I had to go looking for fabric that I thought L would like as she isn't hugely interested in stitching. I found these gorgeous Amy Butler FQs (from her Lotus range I think??) and L thought they were perfect, she loved them. So I told her I would make up the bag for her, for her birthday. Well her birthday is late May so when she came to visit this weekend we made her a heart shape chocolate cake, complete with sparklers and candles to celebrate her birthday. She loved the bag and is very pleased to take it home with her so she can begin using it!

The buttons were made of wood/coconut shell, sorry not sure which but I do know that they aren't plastic! *grin*

Very early this morning a little bird was up at our place finishing off the flu on the slow combustion stove that is in our tiny kitchen. mmmm it is nice and warm in there now AND we can cook extra yummy meals - nothing beats cooking on a slow combustion......
dh had me up at 5 this morning to share the porridge he cooked on it, yes I did say it was early!

16 comments:

Amanda said...

What a lovely bag, I'm not surprised that your friend was very pleased with it. I'm fascinated by your kitchen - is it separate from the rest of your house?

Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful bag!! 5am? Sorry.... I can't do 5am!

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Such a professional looking bag, and lovely fabric!

Unknown said...

The bag is awesome. At 5am everyone should be sleeping, it is in the middle of the night.

Anne said...

Congrats on the new slow combustion stove - they are truly wonderful things. At least at 5am you can usually have some time without kids :0).
Great work on the bag, looks beautiful.

Kerry said...

Lucky friend! That bag looks so smart, would suit even the most business like. Enjoy your toasty mornings and evenings!

Joy said...

Great bag Bec, it looks really classy in the stripes!! Enjoy being all cosy and warm with your new stove :o).
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Chookyblue...... said...

lovely bag........
I just love it when I am at Mum's with the wood stove.......we have wood fire heater in the house.......such a nice warmth........

Anonymous said...

Great bag Bec & wow! another thing in the house that is complete. Fantastic. Looks like the quilting class was great too.

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Great choice of fabric, Bec!! The bag is really classy!!
Mmmmm...hot porridge from the stove, yummmmmy!

Unknown said...

I agree with everyone else, what a gorgeous bag. I have just finished reading a small part of your blog, and your entry on the hand quilting (with photos) has helped me with my little dilemma of how I was going to quilt my first attempt. I am so glad you do add photos. I have heard of hand quilting, but don't know anything about it, so now I have a place to start. Again I thank you. Hmmmm 5am - regular part of a shift workers life, but still don't like it:)

maria said...

Lovely bag, I think you've chosen well with that fabric, it suits the design of the bag well.

Jodie said...

Gorgeous bag!!! Gotta love those slow combustion stovs... *^_^*

Take Care
Jodie :)

Fee said...

What a lovely bag. I like it.

Teresa said...

Love the bag Bec... they say it doesn't get cold in Qld, but it was 5 degrees this morning.. would love to have that stove here right now. brrrrrr

Myra said...

What an excellent bag! love it! Lucky friend... 8-)