Friday, May 22, 2009

More of the Dark Side

Looking around my sewing room, on the shelves and in the cupboards; and even in those closed up boxes stacked under the bench; I have been reminded of so many more darker fabrics that I have here, partially made up or waiting to finished.
Over the years I have made up a few of Hatched and Patched designs, Anni tends to use more earthy, country colours but she can still surprise you with what she uses.

Some Portobello Road that I am having a play with


Some Louisa that I am using to make up Joypatch's Braids and Diamonds quilt later in the year as a present.

This is quilt as you go, which I haven't done before so I am very excited at having a go at this!

The weather here has been pretty miserable lately, overcast, drizzly and very windy. Not a lot of rain in it. The south-eastern corner of QLD has been having ALOT of rain. Visit 'Little Men in My Library' to see what it has been like up there. NB You will have to scroll down at least one post.

What are your plans for the weekend????

7 comments:

Stina Blomgren said...

Good luck with new projects... lovely fabrics to be used!! :o)

Anonymous said...

Both fabrics are gorgeous and you braided quilt should look stunning

Anonymous said...

Hia Bec, bank hol here so that can only mean one thing- rain! Nevermind Daughter is doing more exams after the half term week so the weather will keep her inside revising.

I'll probably "force" myself into the craftroom and create something and finish the 24" cushion covers off.

Good luck with the quilt as you go.

Myra said...

Gorgeous fabrics, especially that red! Wow!

Sarah said...

Great fabric choices Bec! I love Portobella myself and have a jelly roll here for myslef.... not sure what to make from it yet!
x Sarah

Unknown said...

Well the weekend is over and I didn´t do very much. Hope yours was great.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What lovely projects! Love the Braids and Diamonds Quilt. I found that my stash has "lightened" over the past few years. Most of my original quilting fabrics are in the country colours and I have now moved on to more contemporary fabrics.