I really don't know why, maybe I rushed the piecing too much, but the quilt top didn't sit as flat as they usually do and this one gave me a bit of grief when basting. It was the borders, something I have done with piecing of these. It is basted now and we'll see later on tonight how it quilts up.
The 'bitsa' block. Doesn't look too different.
Another problem I ran into.
My batting wasn't wide enough. The batting I had set aside to use was actuallynot bought to make this quilt, it was more like an off cut. I ummed and ahhed over this for about ten minutes then, after consulting with my quilt counsel, made the executive decision that I would carry on quilting and trim the borders back once quilted.