Thursday, February 4, 2010

Forks Together...

I have the quilt top together for 'Forks' and it is HUGE! It will easy cover a single bed, and no I haven't measured it yet. It was a bit of a throw by night quilt as I knew how many fatquarters I had to use, then wanted sashings and a border.
Yes the sashings are all a bit odd, planned that way so as to second glance; bit like the towns people of Forks in 'Twilight' - not necessarily what they seem to be at first glance!
I do have some applique work planned but haven't decided exactly what or where yet. The quit seems to need something, and I think it is a little more black and red somewhere.....
This afternoon I have completed most of the cutting for a 1930s quilt, my first one!
There are 280 four-patches in it, and 280 half triangle squares to be made into 140 blocks....I think I need to dig out some more plain white fabric! Can't wait to show this one when I have it together, which will probably be a few days as I have some outings on.
I have to share some recent finds of beautiful stuff.....
Did anyone notice Kris's beautiful Red Brolly quilt in the background of this post???? How cool is that quilt!
A very cool 'Where's the Remote?' holder from Joypatch.
Have any of you seen THIS gorgeous new BOM that the Quilted Crow girls are running???? It has lots of wool applique...so nice to work with. How gorgeous is it! Gosh, even my DH commented on it - said how that was a really nice quilt that was on the computer last night.... *grin*
Who out there is working on, or planning to work on
It seems that most patchwork shops are selling the pattern folder for Life is Beautiful.
I have found two shops online that are doing Down in the Garden as a BOM
and Patchworks Plus is selling the pattern pack at a great price.
Bec xxx

13 comments:

Cubby House Crafts said...

I recently went into a store here in Tassie 'Esmes' and saw Helens Life is Beautiful quilt on display and fell in love with it...its just gorgeous and was done in diffent shades of reds. I definately have it on my 'to do' list. Lisa

Lynda said...

Forks is looking fantastic Bec.

Joy said...

Thanks for the link Bec!!! I Love your quilt, black and white and red is SO striking!!
Had fun checking out all your BOM links, I'd LOVE to take one on, but there just aren't enough hours in the day!! I'm still trying to finish one I started years ago LOL.
Hugs
Joy :o)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Gorgeous quilt Bec..thanks so much for all the links...xx

Janice said...

Aren't there some lovely patterns around at the moment. I'd love to start one, but have just too many projects in the "to do" list already. The black and white quilt is looking great and I'm looking forward to seeing your 30s quilt. That is also on the "to do" list.

Sarah said...

Love your quilt Bec! That thin red border really does look effective! Looks great!
LOVE Down In The Garden.... going to make that - eventually LOL!
Thanks for the plug *wink*
x Sarah

clare's craftroom said...

That black and white quilt is stunning !

siv hege said...

Love your blog. There is a award waiting for you on mine :)

DAWNIE said...

Bec - just love Black and white - quilt is awesome

Hanne-Kristine said...

Hi Bec, I love your black and white quilt top, I have black fabric but not in your beautiful patterns. I think your combinations are great. I see you make Leannes Butterfly garden as well, I`m done with mine! You can see a bit of it in the background at the photo of me wearing my finished name tag (early post).
All well Hanne-Kristine

Fiona @ Dragonfly-Crafts said...

Love love love the pattern & colours Bec. It will look great with some red too.

Myra said...

Your Black & White is awesome Bec! Love it!!!
I'm still building a stash of B&W for a future project, with a touch of red too... 8-)
Happy stitchings!

Jelly Wares said...

I'm loving your latest quilt Bec, the black and white is just gorgeous!!!

Hugs
Jodie :)